Cayman Islands, situated in the West Caribbean Sea, 640 km south to Miami and 268 km northwest to Jamaica, belongs to British Overseas Territory. Cayman is one of the two offshore jurisdictions accepted by Hong Kong Stock Exchange for listing in Hong Kong.
Cayman Islands Companies Act is based on English Common Law. Companies are of two categories: Exempted Company and Non-Resident Company. Exempted Company is a more popular form of registration, the name of which need not end with "Limited", and it can apply for a 20-year term tax exemption certificate to further increase its tax advantages.
- Do not require Company Secretary.
- Secure the privacy of personal details of the director and the shareholder with greatest confidentiality.
- Convenience on transfer of Shares (No stamp duty / restriction).
- Able to open a bank account in Hong Kong.
- Do not require to submit Annual Return.
- Not required to submit the company accounts annually.
- Tax exemption for offshore company.
Key Corporate Features
|Type of Company
|Minimum Number of Shareholders
|Minimum Number of Directors