British Virgin Islands (BVI) is a group of about 40 islands. It takes approximately 25 minutes flying time from east of Puerto Rico where situated between the Atlantic and the Caribbean. Being a member of the British Commonwealth, BVI applies a legal system based on English Common Law (its Business Company Law includes some terms in Delaware Law), which operates in concert with local acts.
Because a BVI company is not required to pay tax, nor bound to foreign exchange controls, and information for submission for filing requested by local government is minimal, many multinational companies and persons are attracted to register BVI companies. At present, BVI has become one of the most popular places globally for offshore registration.
- BVI has one of the most flexible offshore corporate structures available to international business people.
- BVI company incorporation is cost-effective and straight forward. There are no minimum capital requirements for BVI company formation.
- Do not require Company Secretary.
- Secure the privacy of personal details of the director and the shareholder with greatest confidentiality.
- Convenience on transfer of Shares (No stamp duty / restriction).
- Able to open a bank account in Hong Kong.
- Do not require to submit Annual Return.
- Not required to submit the company accounts annually.
- Tax exemption for offshore company.
Key Corporate Features
|Type of Company
|Minimum Number of Shareholders
|Minimum Number of Directors